Learn more about where you can get tested, what to expect and sign up for automatic reminders.
Every day more than 2 new HIV cases are reported in Hong Kong. A total of 8,799 cases of HIV infection have been reported in Hong Kong since 1984. In the latest 2017 quarterly Department of Health's statistic, sexual contact between men accounted for 47% and 43% of all HIV and AIDS cases, respectively.
Currently, men who have sex with men are still the most at risk for HIV infection. But getting tested is quick and easy. By choosing one of the gay-friendly clinics below, your test is totally confidential and free-of-charge.
- AIDS Concern Health Service Centre
Flat B, 3/F, Fu Lee Commercial Building, 14 - 20 Pilkem Street, Jordan, Kowloon
- Element (Project Touch of The Boys' & Girls' Clubs Association of Hong Kong)
- Community Health Organisation for Intervention, Care and Empowerment Limited (C.H.O.I.C.E.)
Rm 1001A, 10/ F., Witty Commercial Building, 1A- 1L Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok
- Hong Kong AIDS Foundation
5/F, 8 Chai Wan Road, Shau Kei Wan
- Rainbow of Hong Kong
Room D, 7/F, National Court, 242 Nathan Road, Jordan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Male Hygiene Clinics
Chai Wan Social Hygiene Clinic
Wan Chai Male Social Hygiene Clinic
Yau Ma Tei Male Social Hygiene Clinic
Yung Fung Shee Social Hygiene Clinic
Tuen Mun Social Hygiene Clinic
Fanling Integrated Treatment Centre
(Social Hygiene Service)
- Private Clinics like Neo-Health
21/F Li Dong Building
9 Li Yuen Street East
Central, Hong Kong
Getting tested is a confidential and hassle-free process if you follow the steps below.
- Register and Receive Pre-test Counselling
- Go online and complete a quick booking form. It is completely anonymous and free.
- Arrive at the test centre on your selected date and time.
- Upon your arrival, a staff worker will introduce the test and explain the process and meaning of the results.
- Drawing and Testing Blood
- Your fingertip is cleaned with alcohol and pricked to get a small drop of blood.
- A staff worker will accompany you while you wait 20 minutes for the results.
- Receive the Results and Post-test Counselling
- If Positive (Reactive*), staff will help arrange further blood tests to verify the result. You will not be alone, support teams will be ready to refer you to medical institutions for medication, follow-up, counselling and other support services.
- If Negative (Non-reactive*), staff will discuss safe sexual behaviour to reduce the future risk of infection so you can protect your health.
*HIV takes time to develop in your body, sometimes it can take as long as 3 months. A positive result means the HIV virus is already above the detectable level. A negative result means the HIV virus is below the detectable level. However, a negative result does not necessarily mean you are in the clear. If you were tested before the 3-month mark, we recommend testing again to be sure of your status.